|| Our parent Company, Lawes Coal Company's subsidiary, Lawes Environmental Services provides existing tank removals. Lawes Environmental Services will surveys the property for equipment access and provide
* A proposal will be sent to the homeowner. The homeowner signs the proposal and sends a deposit.
* Lawes will obtain the necessary local permits. This process may take several weeks and varies from town to town.
* If necessary, a new tank should be installed prior to tank removal.
* Lawes will arrange for markouts of the public utilities. The owner should arrange markouts of any private underground utilities
* Lawes will unearth, clean and remove the tank from the ground.
* The local inspector will be contacted and will review the integrity of the tank and possible contamination.
* Upon approval, Lawes will backfill to grade**
* The tank will be taken for scrap metal recycling.
* Lawes will issue a 'Certificate of Completion.'
* Lawes will provide topsoil and seed if needed
**If the tank has leaked, the DEP Spill Hotline is contacted. The excavation should be backfilled and the tank left on-site. This is done so that the homeowner's insurance company can inspect it. Lawes will return to remove the tank after the insurance company approves it's removal, at no additional charge.
For more detailed information, please CLICK HERE